Starting Your Day off Healthy
When you have a busy schedule like many of us do, it's so important to start your day off well! If you start your day off poorly then you can waste time sulking or trying to get in the right mindset for the rest of the day. I know that if I start my day off on the wrong side of the bed, then I am pretty much shot for the first half of the day. This post will be dedicated to giving you some tips on how to start your day healthily and productively!
Tips for a healthy morning routine:
- Drink a glass (or two) of water as soon as you wake up! Water gets your metabolism going and gets you hydrated! Easy way to make sure you do this is to keep a full glass of water your bed! I either do that or keep my water bottle there.
- Stretch or do a light workout to get the blood flowing! I know no one likes to wake up at 6:00AM for school or work but it has to be done but you don't have to be a zombie for the first couple hours of the day. Get up and stretch on your floor or stretch standing. Jog in place for a minute or do some jumping jacks! I'm not asking you to run 5 miles but get the blood flowing!
- Drink a cup of hot tea! I've started doing this recently and it wakes me up. While you may not think you can quit your coffee habit, you can! Trust me, just replace your morning cup of coffee with a cup of of green tea or herbal tea and you will feel so much better!
- Eat (or drink) a healthy breakfast! and by drink I don't mean a Starbucks Frappuccino! Make a fruit smoothie and drink it on the way to school or work! If you have the time make a delicious smoothie bowl. However, if you're short on healthy food in your kitchen, it's not the end of the world! You can grab a fruit cup or yogurt parfait from pretty much anywhere and Starbucks carries some delicious breakfast options (my personal favorite is the Spinach-Feta Wrap).
- Continue these good habits throughout the day! Be active! take the stairs or park at the back at the parking lot. Eat a healthy lunch and dinner! Trust me once you start on the right track it is that much easier to keep going!